On this page
- What is a significant event?
- How to record a significant event
- How to record an historical or origin significant event
- Reviewing significant events
What is a significant event?
A significant event is something extraordinary that has impacted a student.
Significant events are recorded in Junipa and are then displayed on a student's narrative, providing more context to staff. A recurring historical event can remind staff, ahead of time, of the event so staff can plan accordingly.
JUNIPA provides the following significant event grades:
The process of grading a severity level to each event rests with the school.
How to record a significant event
- Identify the student requiring a signficant event registered
- Select the add icon
- Select the specific event category
- Complete the signficant event form
- Select Save
How to record an historical or origin significant event
The following instructions are only available to someone with a Administration privileges.
An historical event is something that has occured in the past that still impacts the student. Remebering the anniversaries of these events ensures staff can adjust accordingly for the student.
An event that is occuring for the first time, or recently, can be set as an origin event. An event that has happened in the past can be set as an historical event.
- Navigate to the student screen and select event
- Complete the significant even form
- Select an appropriate impact level
- Select Save
Reviewing significant events
Reviewing significant events in a set period of time helps identify patterns and may assist with planning student adjustments ahead of time.
- Navigate to the student screen and review Narrative
- Change View by filter to Hour, Day or Week
- Identify event clusters